My grandmother was an excellent cook. I don’t know if she ever really “liked” to cook; she cooked out of necessity but she was always looking for new recipes and ideas. Every Christmas Eve she would make gigantic dinners and we would have 30-40 people eating in shifts throughout the night. Christmas Eve dinner usually consisted of 3-4 different meats, lasagna (my grandfather was 100% Italian), an assortment of fresh vegetables, assorted casseroles and desserts.
This casserole is one my grandmother would make on Christmas Eve and it’s one of the recipes I get the most requests for, from people that remember having it at her house. It’s also one I get a lot of requests for because I make it from time to time at work.
- 2 (10oz) packages chopped frozen spinach, cooked and drained well
- 1 can quartered, artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed (15oz can)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 6oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup oil or use PAM cooking spray