It’s that time of the year, when great acidic tomatoes are everywhere. If they aren’t growing in your back yard, pick up a basket at the Farmer’s Market and try this easy, delicious recipe. This is especially a good recipe for a dinner party because it’s easy, fool-proof and presents very well on a dinner plate.
- 6 medium, ripe tomatoes, washed
- 1 1/2 cups coarse bread crumbs (I prefer to use Panko, Japanese Bread Crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (any will do, but I like the flavor that first-pressed olive oil imparts into this dish)
- 1/2 tsp of each: sea salt, black pepper, dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic (from a jar, or 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup rough chopped fresh spinach (optional)