This is a simple broccoli casserole but everyone that tries it loves it. It has become one of my staple casseroles at work or when I’m asked to bring a dish to a dinner party.
- 1 package frozen broccoli florettes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 10.5oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 medium sized onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Bread crumbs, crushed crackers, etc
- ** optional, 4-6 large mushrooms, sliced
Cook broccoli for 1/2 the normal cooking time per package directions. Broccoli should be half done, not fully cooked.
In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, onion, egg, salt and pepper until well blended.
In a casserole dish, put 1/2 the half cooked broccoli on the bottom of the dish.Top with 1/2 the shredded cheese, then 1/2 the soup mixture. Repeat a second layer and top with bread crumbs or crushed saltine crackers. Drizzle top with melted butter.
Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and top has browned.