Here’s an easy dessert you can serve at your next dinner party and really impress your guests! This recipe is adapted from Paula Dean’s recipe.
- 6 1oz squares bittersweet baking chocolate
- 2 1oz squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 1/4 sticks sweet cream unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 whole large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp strong brewed coffee or espresso
Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly grease 6 custard cups or ramekins.
In a Pyrex bowl (or any other microwave safe bowl), melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, until melted and well blended. Add the flour and powdered sugar, then stir in the eggs and egg yolks and mix until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and the coffee.
Divide the batter evenly between the custard cups. Arrange custard cups on a baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center still slightly jiggly.
Run a knife around the edges of the custard cups and invert the cakes onto dessert plates. Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and garnish. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.